Five Favorite Late-Night Snack Options
The music is bumping, everybody is dancing, the alcohol is flowing… overall a good time is being had by all! Only one thing is missing that goes really well with drinking guests – greasy food. The idea of offering a late-night snack can accomplish a couple of things. Depending on when your ceremony starts & when you are planning to serve dinner, between that 8pm-10pm time frame it has likely been a couple hours since you guests consumed more food than alcohol. Having something to balance that ratio back out towards the end of the night can help make sure things don’t start getting out of control. And, let’s be honest, you know the college kid in you wants to devour all the greasy food possible. I can’t be the only one who had a 24-hour Zips just down the street from the classic “party house” in college. To set the stage for some creative thinking (and probably a few hunger pains), some good late night snack options are (in no particular order)…
1. Tater Tots or French Fries – It feels like there is nothing better than fried potatoes late at night. Just make sure to have a whole dipping station because, even if you don’t want to admit it, we are all picky about what we have to dip our precious fries in. Fry sauce, ketchup, bbq sauce, ranch – all the sauces! Side note, frozen French fries in an Air Fryer?! Get out of here!!
2. Pizza – Is there anything that screams “greasy food” more than cheesy, saucy, carb-filled pizza? I think not! I for one am not a pepperoni person (I know, I know. Come at me, bro.), so it is a good idea to have a couple different offerings of pizza. Just cheese and pepperoni are properly your best and most popular options. No need to get fancy – they won’t remember it anyways.
3. Sliders – Bringing it back to that Zips comment. Sometimes a big burger is just too much, but a slider? Oh, that can be just right (Goldilocks… anyone, anyone?). Again, it is important to have a sauce station next to these beauties. My husband and I do not put the same condiments on our burgers, so if he doesn’t have mustard and I don’t have ketchup… all bets are off! Kidding… kind of.
4. Corn Dogs – This is really just a slider alternative, right? Same concept, more mobile. One hand for the alcohol. One hand for the dog. Win win!
5. Popcorn – I mean, you really can’t go wrong with this one. Want to add a little flare? Get personalized popcorn containers with a wedding monogram. Also, every good movie theater has popcorn toppings, so why shouldn’t your party partake in that idea? Do it. You won’t regret it, and guests will have fun customizing their own popcorn!
Alright, short and sweet today! Greasy food does not need much of an explanation. So, do you think offering late-night snacks is a good idea? What are some of your favorites that maybe I didn’t mention?
Like this idea, but don’t know where to start? Need help finding the right vendors for these fun options? Let’s chat! Click on the contact button HERE and let’s start a conversation about what your wedding day vision looks like!
#weddingplanner #eventplanner #latenightsnackideas #greasyfood #weddingcaterer #weddingfoodideas #weddingfood #eventdesign #weddingweekend #weddinginspiration #weddingblog #weddingadvice #theknot #weddingwire #weddingpro